This campaign highlights the main theme of "H.A.P.P.Y." which includes the main spirits of cycling,
H - Health
A - Accessibility
P - Participation
P - Popularity
Y - Youthfulness
Everyone could participate in the selection as everyone could enjoy riding bicycle at any time.
It has selected 10 most beautiful cycling routes that characterize the unique nature and culture of Taiwan. Also, there are some special routes which may not be awarded in the top 10 biking route, but definitely worth a visit are categorized and named in other awards.
Award for People's Choice - Sun Moon Lake, Nantou County
Award for Great Potential - Puzi River, Chiayi County
Special Award in View of Friendly Design for Universal Access - Taipei Riverside, Taipei City
Special Award in View of the Diversity of the Seasonal Scenery - Houbi and Baihe, Tainan City
Award for Honorable Mention -
- Erzhong Loop, New Taipei City
- 17 kilometer Coastline, Hsinchu City
- Green Light Sea Breeze Path, Miaoli County
- Love River and Lotus Pond, Kaohsiung City
- Taitung City Loop, Taitung County
- Guanshan Town, Taitung County
Top 10 Classic Cycling Routes -
- Taipei Riverside, Taipei City
- Old Caoling Tunnel, New Taipei City and Yilan City
- Danshui River Left Bank, New Taipei City
- Dahan and Sindian River, New Taipei City
- Sun Moon Lake, Nantou County
- Jiji Green Bike Way, Nantou County
- Dapeng Bay, Pingtung County
- Dapo Pond and Chisan, Taitung County
- Dongshan River, Yilan County
- Dongfeng and HoFeng Green Passage, Taichung City
This 10 classic routes stand our from keen competition, and each can impress you with its stunning attraction from ecological charm to cultural interest. We sincerely invite you to personally experience these 10 classic cycling routes with your own bikes, and let them bring you not only health and enjoyment but also the chances to closely witness the nicety of Taiwan.
In 2015, Ministry of Education, Ministry of Transportation and Communications, Ministry of the Interior, local governments, universities, and NGOs all worked together to hold the first official cycling route selection campaign in Taiwan.